Saturday, January 3, 2009

Ceanothus Tuxedo

Ceanothus Tuxedo is a breakthrough new variety with deep black foliage and lavender blue flowers. We received this variety from a great Irish plantsman. Tuxedo is a sport from Autumnal Blue and has an open upright habit. The striking foliage of Tuxedo looks great against silver foliage plants like Artemisia and ties in well with other Mediterranean plants. Tuxedo is brand new and should be in garden centers by in spring of 09' Native Sons nursery of Arroyo Grande is one of the first nurseries to offer this exciting new cultivar.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

NCSU guy said...

Gorgeous plant, finally a dark leafed plant good for drought tolerant/Native Cali!

Janet, The Queen of Seaford said...

I hope you continue to blog, I have enjoyed going back through older posts and seeing some of the interesting plant material you have profiled.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to see you have it too! I just planted one & can't wait to see it bloom!

Unknown said...

Great work there Ryan on Ceanothus Tuxedo well done to you and all at PP&L. I am glad my baby is taking off in California!